Saturday, 18 December 2010

What am I doing here?

If you've found your way here, perhaps you've been affected by the loss of a child.  If this is true, I'm really sorry.  We know and are told over and over again that the world is on its head when our children die before us.  Natural order has been mucked up.  It seems wrong and cruel that we are still walking and breathing when they no longer can.

I've had eight and a half years to think about life and how fragile it is since my daughter died.  I suppose what I write here is my attempt to make sense of some of the glorious rainbows and deep, dark pits of despair that have been my experience in that time.

2 comments:

  1. I've read all your comments now and they are unbelievable poignant. Well done, Geves, for being brave enough to do this. My fingers are stilled on the keyboard searching for what next to say, but I expect you're used to that reaction. Just sending you my love,

    Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petra, I only just saw this comment. Thank you so much.

    Geves.

    ReplyDelete